Statement of responsibility: James W. Peterson, Jacek Lubecki
ISBN: 1526110423, 1526110431, 152611044X, 1526110458, 9781526110428, 9781526110435, 9781526110442, 9781526110459
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print record.
Made available via: manchesterhive.
1 online resource (192 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
Manchester Political Studies
Poland Military policy.; Europe, Eastern Foreign relations Russia (Federation); Russia (Federation) Foreign relations Europe, Central.; Czech Republic Military policy.; International relations.; Ukraine Conflict, 2014- Influence.; Russia (Federation) Foreign relations Europe, Eastern.; Slovakia Military policy.; Europe, Central Foreign relations Russia (Federation); Society & Social Sciences Politics & government International relations.
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press, 2018. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Introduction and overview
- 1. Theoretical framework: liberalism, realism and constructivism
- 2. Empires and peripheries: security and defense realities of East-Central Europe
- 3. Communism and late communism: from forced convergence to divergence
- 4. The Czech Republic: a reluctant ally
- 5. Hungary: imperial legacies and post-imperial realities
- 6. Poland: return to the West?
- 7. Slovakia: politics from the periphery
- 8. Recapitulation: from convergence to divergence and back?