Statement of responsibility: Thomas M. Hanna
ISBN: 1526133784, 1526133792, 1526133806, 9781526133786, 9781526133793, 9781526133809
Description based on print record.
Made available via: manchesterhive.
1 online resource (256 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
Manchester Political Studies
Economics, finance, business and management.; Business and management.; Ownership and organization of enterprises.; Public ownership / nationalization.; United States Economic policy Citizen participation.; Government ownership United States.
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press, 2018. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Foreword: On the importance of democratic public ownership / Gar Alperovitz
- Preface: The return of public ownership / Andrew Cumbers
- Introduction: Public ownership in urgent political perspective
- 1. Public ownership in the United States and around the world
- 2. The efficiency debate
- 3. Why public ownership?
- 4. Public ownership and alternative system models
- 5. Towards a framework of public ownership for the twenty-first century
- Conclusion: Systemic crisis and democratic public ownership