Statement of responsibility: Lewis H. Mates
ISBN: 0719090687, 1784997595, 1784998036, 9780719090684, 9781784997595, 9781784998035
Description based on print record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Made available via: manchesterhive.
1 online resource (xii, 311 pages) : illustrations, map; digital, PDF file(s).
Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
Manchester Political Studies
Economics, finance, business and management.; Durham Miners' Association.; Great Britain Politics and government.; Coal miners Labor unions England Durham (County) History.; Industrial relations Government policy Great Britain History.; History & Archaeology History History: specific events & topics Industrialisation & industrial history.; Industry and industrial studies.
Great labor unrest
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press, 2016. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- 1. Historiographical introduction
- 2. Structures, agents and the ILP's high tide
- 3. The Eight Hours Act and the Eight Hours Agreement in the Durham coalfield
- 4. 'Not exactly the millennium': the minimum wage campaign
- 5. 'A capitalistic piece of legislation': the launch of the Durham Forward Movement and the syndicalists' high tide?
- 6. 'Trade union questions were now political questions': Defeats, victories and new strategies
- 7. Conclusion