Statement of responsibility: John Anderson
ISBN: 0719077389, 1847792618, 1847797113, 9780719077388, 9781847792617, 9781847797117
Description based on print record.
Made available via: manchesterhive.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (x, 273 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
Perspectives on democratic practice; Manchester Religious Studies / Manchester Political Studies
Industrial relations, health and safety.; Trade unions.; Industry and industrial studies.; Economics, finance, business and management.; Democracy Religious aspects Christianity.; Society & Social Sciences Politics & government Political science & theory.; Industrial relations.
Christianity and democratization
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press, 2013. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
Perspectives on democratic practice.
- Preface and acknowledgements
- 2.Democracy and the Christian tradition
- 3.The Catholic third wave: undermining authoritarianism
- 4.The Catholic third wave: creating a new order
- 5.The Orthodox hesitation: church, state and nation
- 6.The Orthodox hesitation: the 'liberal-democracy' paradox
- 7.The Protestant ethic revisited: conservative Christianity and the quality of American democracy
- 8.The Protestant ethic revisited: the Pentecostal explosion as democratic hindrance or support?