Statement of responsibility: Francesco Cavatorta
ISBN: 0719076161, 1847792774, 1847796907, 9780719076169, 9781847792778, 9781847796905
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print record.
Made available via: manchesterhive.
1 online resource (xii, 210 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
Manchester Political Studies; Perspectives on democratic practice
Trade unions.; Industrial relations, health and safety.; Society & Social Sciences Politics & government Political structure & processes Political structures: democracy.; Democracy Algeria.; Industrial relations.; Industry and industrial studies.; Economics, finance, business and management.; World politics.; Algeria Foreign relations 20th century.; Algeria Politics and government 1962-1990.
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press, 2013. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
Perspectives on democratic practice.
- 1. Introduction: Algeria's failed process of democratisation
- 2. Regime change and international variables
- 3. Explaining Algeria's transition: the international connection
- 4. The external context of the transition
- 5. The external-internal linkages of the transition
- 6. Islamism and democracy: international perceptions
- 7. From partners to allies; the integration of authoritarian Algeria in the international system
- 8. Conclusion