Statement of responsibility: Katherine Fierlbeck
ISBN: 0719076390, 1847794319, 1847795188, 9780719076398, 9781847794314, 9781847795182
Description based on print record.
Made available via: manchesterhive.
Previous edition: 1998.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (288 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
Perspectives on democratic practice; Manchester Political Studies
Democracy Philosophy.; Democracy.; Trade unions.; Industry and industrial relations.; Economics, Finance, Business & Management Economics Political economy.
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press, 2013. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
Perspectives on democratic practice.
- List of acronyms
- 1. Contextualizing the debate over democracy
- Section I - Interpreting democracy: philosophical debates
- 2. The ambiguity of democracy
- 3. Expanding democracy
- 4. Non-liberal democracy?
- Section II - Explaining democracy: causal debates
- 5. The market
- 6. Civil society
- Section III - Pursuing democracy: political debates
- 7. The politics of definition
- 8. Deromanticizing democracy