Statement of responsibility: edited by Alden T. Vaughan and Edward W. Clark
ISBN: 0674739019, 9780674739017
Includes bibliography (p. 247-267) and index.
x, 275 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
John Harvard library
New England History Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.; Indian captivities.; Puritans Biography.
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, Michigan Publishing, 2006. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet.
ACLS Humanities E-Book.
- Cups of common calmity: Puritan captivity narratives as literature and history
- Rowlandson, M. The sovereignty and goodness of God
- Mather, I. Quentin Stockwell's relation of his captivity and redemption
- Gyles, J. Memoirs of odd adventures, strange deliverances, etc.
- Mather, C. New assaults from the Indians and The condition of the captives
- Mather, C. A narrative of Hannah Swarton containing wonderful passages relating to her captivity and deliverance
- Mather, C. A narrative of Hannah Dustan's notable deliverance from captivity
- Williams, J. The redeemed captive returning to Zion
- Hanson, E. God's mercy surmounting man's cruelty.