Statement of responsibility: Jonathan Gray
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xi, 247 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Paratext.; Advertising Motion pictures Social aspects.; Motion pictures Marketing Social aspects.; Mass media and culture.; Advertising Television programs Social aspects.; Television programs Marketing Social aspects.; Intertextuality.
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, Michigan Publishing, 2014. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet.
ACLS Humanities E-Book.
- Introduction: film, television, and off-screen studies
- From spoilers to spinoffs: a theory of paratexts
- Coming soon! Hype, intros, and textual beginnings
- Bonus materials: digital auras and authors
- Under a long shadow: sequels, prequels, pre-texts, and intertexts
- Spoiled and mashed up: viewer-created paratexts
- In the world, just off screen: toys and games
- Conclusion: "In the DNA": creating across paratexts.