Statement of responsibility: edited by Edmund Burke III and Kenneth Pomeranz
ISBN: 9780520256873, 9780520256880
Includes bibliographical references (p. 317-336) and index.
xvi, 361 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
The California world history library ; 9
Nature Effect of human beings on History.; Environmental sciences History.; Human ecology History.
ACLS Humanities E-Book.
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, Michigan Publishing, 2013. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet.
ACLS Humanities E-Book.; California world history library ; 9.
- Introduction : world history and environmental history / Kenneth Pomeranz
- The big story : human history, energy regimes, and the environment / Edmund Burke III
- Toward a global system of property rights in land / John F. Richards
- The transformation of the Middle Eastern environment, 1500 B.C.E.-2000 C.E. / Edmund Burke III
- The transformation of China's environment, 1500-2000 / Kenneth Pomeranz
- The Rhine as a world river / Mark Cioc
- Continuity and transformation : colonial rice frontiers and their environmental impact on the great river deltas of mainland Southeast Asia / Michael Adas
- Beyond the colonial paradigm : African history and environmental history in large-scale perspective / William Beinart
- Environmental histories of India : of states, landscapes, and ecologies / Mahesh Rangarajan
- Latin American environmental history : a shifting old/new field / Lise Sedrez
- The predatory tribute-taking state : a framework for understanding Russian environmental history / Douglas R. Weiner.